Thursday, July 02, 2009

Today Is A New Day..... 31 Days Of Prosperity

This blog is a bit different. I recently emailed some friends and thought I should also include on here.

Today is a new day.

It is the first day of the month (well, it was) and that means a whole new month to be prosperous. As I was out walking the dog this morning, I felt lead to speak out the words '31 days of prosperity'. As I continued walking it became a prayer.

When I got home, I looked up Psalm 1 (one of my favourite verses in the Father's big book). The Message version reads as follows: "How well God must like you - you don't hang out at Sin Saloon, you don't slink along Dead-End Road, you don't go to Smart-Mouth College. Instead you thrill to God's Word, you chew on Scripture day and night. You're a tree replanted in Eden, bearing fresh fruit every month, never dropping a leaf, always in blossom."

I started asking myself some questions: Do I hang out in 'sin saloon'? No, but I know I sin (do stuff against the Father and other people) but live by grace. Do I slink along 'dead-end' road? Absolutely not! Do I go to smart-mouth college? No, as I endeavour to make my words those of the Father, although I know I get that wrong sometimes and every now and then someone calls me a smart-alec. Do I thrill to God's word? Yes, but it is not always a 'thrilling' read (I am just being honest).

The past month is behind me and in that month was prosperous - I earned income and put my hand to other things and experienced prosperity. The new month has now started and as I seek to live my life 'right before God', I fully expect for this to be a prosperous month. I full expect to 'always be in blossom' and that I will 'bear fresh fruit'. I am a son and an heir and therefore I and my household can access all that the Father has for us.

I hope and pray that you experience '31 days of prosperity' (and beyond). That as you apply Psalm 1 to your life, you experience something totally new and fresh from the Father. That is my prayer and expectation for the month ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment