Thursday, July 02, 2009

Choices, Choices Everywhere And Not A Drop....

I've recently been considering choices. My wife and I have spent a lot of time talking about what it means to make the right or wrong choice. What it means to make a choice that can affect your whole life or simply what you might eat and drink. We all have a free will and have the right to exercise it as we see fit.

We know several people going through big life-decisions. They made choices which lead them to the places they are now in. They exercised free will and it had a consequence, both good and bad depending on the choice made.

So, choices good and bad can lead you somewhere. Good choices take you to really great places in your life and make the journey you walk pleasant and exciting. Bad choices seem to come back and bite you at some point, and also seem to keep repeating themselves time after time.

I am in a place right now where I am having to make choices - to either speak positively or negatively; to always give or always take (or consume); to choose to get up each day and tell the world that it can't beat me down, or allow it to constantly push me to the floor and then kick me whilst I am down there; to be the best Daddy I can be or not bother to have any kind of friendship with my kids. Every single day, the choice is mine to make.

It isn't easy making the right choice. Sometimes it hurts and sometimes it can take a while for the good fruit to show itself, but it always will in the end.

Choices exist every moment of every day.... we just need to consider before we make them and realise that we live with the consequences afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment